Bank 34 is committed to making sure that your online banking is safe and secure. This Internet Banking System brings together a combination of industry-approved security technologies to protect data for the bank and for you, our customer. It features password-controlled system entry, a VeriSign-issued Digital ID for the bank’s server, Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocol for data encryption, and a router loaded to regulate the inflow and outflow of server traffic.
The security technologies are:
- Secure access & verifying user authenticity.
- Secure data transfer.
- Router & firewall.
- Encrypted Information: Encryption helps protect your private information by scrambling it so that it cannot be intercepted and read by anyone else. When you visit a site that requires encryption, your browser will display a key or a lock. If you are not in a secure area, the key or lock will be broken. For Microsoft browsers: To check your level of encryption, go to the “File” menu, select “Properties”, and then select “Security”. Another way is to select “Help” then “About Internet Explorer”.
- Other Security Features. Our firewall protects Bank 34 systems by allowing entry only to those who are authorized. For digital verification, the Online Banking system has a digital server certification by VeriSign that your browser uses each time you sign on to verify that indeed you are connected to Bank 34 Consumer Online E-Banking.
Mobile Banking Apps Security
Mobile Banking Apps are fully secure using industry standard technologies (SSL) and security certificates with 128-bit encrypted communication. No personal or confidential information is stored. Multifactor Authentication uses two-way, out-of-band authentication, enabling optimal security.
Web Mobile Banking Security
Mobile Web Banking is fully secure using industry-standard technologies (SSL, WTLS) and security certificates, with 128-bit encrypted communication. No personal or confidential informationis stored. Multifactor Authentication: uses two-way, out-of-band authentication, enabling optimal security. Device-specific Interface Optimization: with extensive optimization for different mobile devices, the screen and layout automatically change based on the mobile device to display the optimal user interface.
With our security infrastructure in place, we are confident access to your accounts is private and secure. Bank 34 will never ask you for your personal information by phone, by e-mail, or text message.
Your Role in Security
While Bank 34 works to protect your accounts, you also have a part. There are a number of steps you can take to ensure your experience on the internet is safe and secure.
- Don’t reveal your online password to anyone. Your password is designed to protect the privacy of your online information, but it will only work if you keep it private. If you think your online password has been compromised, change it immediately.
- Don’t leave your computer unattended if you are in the middle of an Online Banking session.
- Once you have finished your Online Banking session, always sign off before visiting other sites on the internet.
- If anyone else is likely to use your computer, clear your browser cache or turn off your browser and re-start it in order to eliminate copies of web pages that have been stored on your hard drive. How you clear your cache will depend on the browser and version you have. This function is generally found in the browser’s preferences menu.
Protect Your Computer from Malicious Software (viruses, worms, trojan horses, spyware, root kits, etc.)
Ensure that you have anti-virus software installed and running, as well as ensuring that it is being updated regularly. Anti-virus companies issue updates on an almost daily basis and sometimes more frequently than that. Given the prevalence and sophistication of viruses and other malware, it is critical that your anti-virus software be kept up-to-date.